Yaniv's Tracker

Chohelp.blogspot.com © 2008 - 2011 - Cotunbol.inc. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Events Tracker

Hits

Team-Members' Sites

Tips about Making Videos!


Hey guys,

What's up? Kai here!
Today I am here to show you a few videos and give you a few tips/programs you can use to make videos with!  I know that video making can be tricky sometimes, so I hope that my tips will help you.

To start, this is a video which was created by me a while ago. The song in the background is "Dr. Coconut" from the Disney Channel TV Series "Phineas & Ferb".


A Few tips for making a video like this is by:
  1. Having a catchy song. A catchy song will make the viewers "stay" and keep watching the video.
  2. Making it entertaining. In this video I was wearing a hula skirt! This made people laugh on Chobots!
  3. Make sure to involve a green screen at times if possible with a custom background. 
  4. Possibly have a few people in the video. This helps because the other people will say about the video.
  5. A good editing programme! For me, I use Vegas. More info about that later in the post.
The Next video also has a catchy song, and I remember everyone loves a bit of Parry Gripp Music, so let's listen to "Turtle" the music video I made!

As you see, in this there is a few more tips.
  1. I actually used a Green screen all the way through this, I used the video from the Parry Gripp video for the background, and used a few effects to make it look even better like pan/crop!
  2. Had 1 or 2 extra people in the video,
  3. Changed my style from Red to Blue so it looks like someone else is saying the words as well.
  4. Also I made a quick quiz at the end saying "Turtle or Tortoise?" which made people comment what they thought!
I would start in Windows Movie Maker (WMM) as that's where I started.
When you think you are ready to gain, I would move to for example VideoPad Video Editor or Camtasia Studio because this is where I started.
Windows Movie Maker made a few videos for me, got my views for example up and people really started to enjoy the videos. Then I found out what some other video editors used, so I moved up to Camtasia Studio, then finally when I thought I was ready, I went up to what I use now which is Sony Vegas.
I've had people ask me this a few times "What's so great about Sony Vegas?" and well, here are some hints, it's the easiest editing program when you become a professional! It's easy to get the Chroma Key (Green Screen) effect; you just go into the effects tab and then you are pretty much ready and done with the green screen, you can change the colours easily.

You might be asking "What rooms can I use for the Chroma Key?" Well, my choice before there was a green screen room (You need a camera to enter) would be either the Robot Arena, Rockemall Street, or the Space Quay. It depends on the colors of the clothes that you are wearing. If you are wearing green things, you can't chroma key at the color room.

I also made another video a long time ago called "Afro Circus" Last year now!
It was April Fools day and me and our Moderator Coby found the song and made the video together!
This helped a lot, this was the first video that I ever made in Chobots that got me roughly 1,500 views!
It has a catchy song, people loved it, and the effects with the chroma key went very well!
Here is the video:


As you see yes, the video is pretty much completely Chroma Keyed. The only parts that aren't is one character. This video even though it is like 8 seconds long, took roughly 1 hour to edit, as I wanted to get everything in perfect timing!
Patients is required to make a video, when you start making one, don't give up is my tip!

Thank you all for reading this post! I hope it helped a lot of you.
Kai

0 Comments: