Yaniv's Tracker

Chohelp.blogspot.com © 2008 - 2011 - Cotunbol.inc. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Events Tracker

Hits

Team-Members' Sites

A Guide To Picking A Username



Hello,Chobots!

Well, I'm currently accepting any requested guides that are asked to be done, and one of them was a "guide to picking a username" requested by the official Chobots Twitter. So here it is! Wink

In picking a username there's a lot of aspects too look at, such as;
  • Is it interesting?
  • Is it memorable?
  • Does it express you?
  • Does it have a back story to it?

Let me explain

Is It Interesting?

Your name has to be interesting, not something dull and boring.For example, my name, MrSandbox is odd, not many people have a name with a title with it (Mr/Mrs/Miss) so it gives it a unique factor. Also 'Sandbox' is something alot of people wouldn't think of when picking a username. 


Is It Memorable?

Your name has to be memorable, people need to know who you are. They need to remember your name so it sticks in there head. For instance, the name 'Koiz' is very memorable. Even before she became a moderator everybody knew her, this was due to 2 things;
  • She was a agent and had worked to get a good reputation
  • She picked a interesting and memorable name

So in short, out of all the 4 things I think are needed. This is the most important. 


Does it express you?

This is a hard one to explain. Your name needs to express your personality, for instance, take my old friend 'Smileguy', Smileguy was a very kind and happy person. He was always smiling and always happy. So the name Smileguy expressed his personality perfectly.

Does It have a backstory to it?

Your name needs to have meaning, it needs to have a story. Take my name for instance, this is the story of how I got my name.

My Chobot's Username is MrSandbox. I got this name from a game I used to play called Counter Strike:Source there was a modification called Sandboxx. That's where I got my name from.
That explains how my name came to be. If somebody asks you why you picked that name, you need to know why.


So the above show you what it needs to have, but if your mind is completely blank, lets look at some other ways.
  • Name your chobot after your pet.
  • Name your Chobot after a Pokemon character
  • Name your Chobot after a teddy bear
  • Name your Chobot after a film character


A lot of chobots decide to name their Chobot after their pets. For instance, my friend Monty got his name from the name of his cat. 

Pokemon names are unique and will be original and un thought of. I currently use the name of a Pokemon as the name on a different website, 'Loki' is the name I use.

A lot of users decide to name their Chobot after a teddy bear they've had their whole life.This was my original intention, as my teddy bear was a snow man called 'Chilly' but the name had already been taken.

Naming your Chobot after a film character can be very effective. But do not go for a main character, go for a noticeable, yet not main Character. For instance, In the movie 'The Avengers' There are lots of main characters such as
  • The Hulk
  • Captain America
  • Iron Man
  • Thor

Yet there's characters who play a part that're noticeable, but not a main character such as
  • Hawk
  • Loki
  • The Tesseract (Although it's not a character, it's a memorable object and completes one of the 4 tasks above)


So yeah, that's my guide to picking a username.
I want to see stories underneath of how you all picked your usernames!

Thanks for now,
MrSandbox

PS: If you'd like to see a guide do one of the following
  1. Comment on this post
  2. Send me a PM on the Forums
  3. Send me a tweet @RSWReece


Bye!

0 Comments: